Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Are you watching American Idol?

I know -- it's been super-quiet around here, and I could tell you that I've had some internet woes, I've been busy unpacking and settling in, my days are flying by in a flash. . . . But I'm not going to tell you any of that.  I'm going to talk about television.

This season of American Idol has been all over the news with all of the judges but Randy leaving, and the addition of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.  Will it bomb or bust out as a big success?

I just jumped on the bandwagon last year (season 9!), so yes, Amanda and I are in.  In fact, since we are now among the other 99.9% of the world and we have a DVR, we're even more in.

She had youth group at church tonight, but we recorded it and just watched the first half.  Rocker Steven Tyler may be a little risque and keep us parents and  family-friendly ABC/Disney on their toes, but I have to say that I like what I see.  More than that, I like that Amanda and I are doing it together.

So, are you watching or did you decide that you were out before the season begun?  If you did watch it, what did you think?

*******

What else are we watching on the DVR?  Lots of Food Network shows:  Cupcake Wars, Good Eats (which we always liked, but couldn't always watch), Bobby Flay's Throwdown, The Food Network Challenge, Worst Cooks in America.

Kyle enjoys the opportunity to watch Minute to Win It.

Are there any other shows that you enjoy watching as a family?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Welcome to the new millennium! :) My boys enjoy Wipeout along with the cooking shows you mentioned. Alex also likes Top Chef (on Bravo) and Chopped. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is a good one too.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

We have gotten into idol this season also. We like to watch a show on the USA Network called White Collar. No bad language or half naked people. Just a good cat and mouse kind of show that we like watching together. I really like your blog!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

We're enjoying Worst Cooks in America. And we DVR Fringe (now that it's finally back on after their mid-season break). That's about it for TV here, except for some playoff football.