You want more details, do you? How's this:
- We had a nice Christmas with Terry's family in Virginia. There were lots of babies there. Terry's sister has a newborn and a two-year-old and his brother has an 18-month-old. Definitely changes the dynamic. Kyle enjoyed playing with his girl cousin who is one year younger than he is. Last year they played okay, but they really enjoyed each other this year.
- Our cross-country drive (our third in 18 months!) was good. We drove almost 1400 miles in two days, stopping in Birmingham for the night.
- We arrived in Houston in a driving rainstorm, which we seem to be following all the way from Louisiana. It was a good baptism (pun totally intended) into the severe Gulf Coast weather. It was the kind of rain where it was difficult to see as we were driving. We've been here less than 2 weeks, and the weather has been as warm as 75 on some days and other days not even hitting 50. We've had sun, clouds, rain, and wind.
- The kids loved their house. I'm loving it too. A lot. My husband is incredibly industrious (Opposites attract, right?). Due to his hard work, we are probably 80% unpacked. It also helped when we were surprised with the knowledge that we had unpacking as an option, paid for by the company, which we used for the kitchen and dining room and some other random boxes.
- The kids started school last Wednesday. Four days in, Kyle is completely at home in his new first grade class, and says his teacher is as nice as his old teacher. Speaking of old, when Terry asked him to describe his teacher, he used me as an example, saying that she did not have "these things" on her face, pointing to my furrowed brow. "Her face is smooth."
- I can't say enough how proud I am of Amanda. I think she is missing her deep friendships, but she has bravely visited new churches and tried to get involved in her classes at school. I'm trying to be extra-nice to her.
- We've connected with old friends, family, and the neighbors are making us feel welcome.