Monday, January 24, 2011

What's on my Nightstand -- January

I think it's been two months since I participated in What's on Your Nightstand over at 5 Minutes for Books. In November, I was traveling for Thanksgiving and right in the throes of getting my house ready to sell. December's Nightstand was right after Christmas and I was actually driving to my new Texas home.

My reading for November and December was pretty much all Cybils, all the time. I was busy trying to secure library copies and receiving review copies, and completely immersed in Middle Grade fiction. Once we selected our finalists right before Christmas, I was ready to read some other genres, and I did.

This month, as always, I'll be reading some books that I will eventually feature on 5 Minutes for Books:


So it looks like I'll be busy, and it also appears as if I've gone from reading all Middle Grade stuff to a bunch of tween and teen fare. What about you? Let me know in the comments what looks interesting to you, and as always, feel free to join in What's on Your Nightstand over at 5 Minutes for Books each month.


14 comments:

Sandra said...

I've acquired a copy of Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriquez through Bookmooch so I'll be interested in what you think of it and A cf Friendship too after you've read it. You've got a lot of reading going there. Have a good month.
*** Your links to 5 minutes aren't working correctly so I can't leave my link to my Nightstand post. I'll leave it here for you as I have to go to bed. I'm sure things will be fixed in the morning. :)

http://freshinkbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-on-your-nightstand-jan-2011.html

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Sounds like you have a lot of good reading ahead of you!

bekahcubed said...

Hmmm...All those books that haven't been released... As if I didn't have enough already released books to aspire to read, you go and get me salivating about ones not yet out! :-)

Susan said...

Your YA titles sound interesting - with my girls all in (or approaching) that age range, YA titles are really on my radar now. Thanks!

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

I tend to shy away from short stories, and I don't really know why. I know from past experience that they can be amazingly satisfying when done well.

Maybe that will be another one of my goals this year - to read some short stories!

mommablogsalot said...

I have a weak spot for YA novels, so a lot of these look appealing to me. I look forward to reading your reviews!

Kara said...

Looks like a busy month of reading! I'm going to have to check out some of your YA picks...my oldest daughter would probably enjoy them.

Barbara H. said...

It's been a long time since I read any YA fiction, but some of those look good.

Carrie said...

It is nice to be back!

It's also a mental shift for me to pull up your blog and think, "She's in TX now." Just goes to show how much we can identify a look of a blog with the person, personality and location! Now I'm all messed up.

Janet said...

I enjoy harvesting new titles from your Nightstand posts. Glad you're back in this month!

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

Wow, you've really been immersed in kid lit! I hardly ever read children's books, but I did re-listen to the audiobook of the first Nancy Drew novel earlier this month. (Which was thoroughly enjoyable.)

Just Mom said...

I loved You Know When the Men Are Gone - enjoy! the Iron series interests me - may have to look into it!

morninglight mama said...

I noticed that YOU KNOW WHEN THE MEN ARE GONE was just reviewed in the Washington Post today... I didn't get a chance to read the review, but I thought the title sounded familiar. :)

Have you found a "perfect" reading spot in your new house yet?

Nancy said...

I'm looking forward to your review of You Know When the Men Are Gone, sounds interesting. I did notice you went from middle grade to YA, embracing your inner tween? :)