Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I HAVE been blogging -- need proof?

I know that the posts here have been few and far between.  That sort of makes me sad, but life is going on.  I've been trying to keep up with stuff elsewhere, including a fun new gig on the soon-to-be announced Mom Panel for Hidden Valley Ranch.

These are all posts I've written in the last 2 or 3 weeks.  See why it's so quiet around here????

  • Contrary to the subject line that was edited for me (I am NOT a minivan mom!!), I posted my much, much needed Suburban Car Clean Out today in Tackle it Tuesday over at 5 Minutes for Mom.
  • I have been really impressed with Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.  The 3rd book just came out, and I am pleased to be let you know about an awesome giveaway for the first 3 books AND an Ipod Nano.  Read my review of The Iron Queen and enter the giveaway over at 5 Minutes for Mom.
  • Another review WITH giveaway: Invasion, is a fun sci-fi YA novel suitable for younger YA readers.
  • I posted two more sets of Cybils Middle Grade fiction reviews, both suitable for younger MG readers:  Alvin Ho and Sophie Hartley and Two Mystery Series.
  • Check out our Cybils Challenge if you want to read some quality Kidlit along with us over at 5 Minutes for Books.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed a short story collection, all with the theme of military families in Ft. Hood, Texas:  You Know When the Men are Gone.
  • I wrote two pieces for the "On Reading" column -- The One Place I Don't Have Books and Super Bowl or Super Book? both of which got lots of fun comments weighing in.
Finally, if you are a Houston Area Book Blogger, or know of one, check out the get together that Sherry of Semicolon and I are planning.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I held out for a long time, but I became a minivan mom a year ago. Although I will go back to a car when my kids are older, I have to say that I love my van for this stage in life (and it is a VW, so I feel a little cool). But, I did have to laugh the other day when I saw this bumper sticker on the back of an Odyssey: I used to be cool.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I'm a minivan mom and have been since my third child was born. I love my van. I can haul STUFF and kids. Although I think we may need one of those large SUVs when my boys get to be teens.