Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mailbox Monday: February 27

For a while we participated in Mailbox Monday over at 5 Minutes for Books, but it got a little cumbersome to manage.  However, I do like the opportunity to interact with other booklovers and give my readers a sneak peek at books that I might be reviewing soon, so I thought I'd join in.

It can be found this month at Library of Clean Reads.


Review copies that I'll read soon:

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food -- I've seen this on a lot of blogs. I already started it, because I have a review and giveaway coming up soon on 5 Minutes for Mom. So far, so good)

Edited Monday morning:
A Double Life: Discovering Motherhood by Lisa Harper -- This is a very quick turnaround. I received it Saturday and started it Sunday and need to post a review/giveaway on Monday. It is excellent, and I'm flying through it (Whew -- could have gone either way).

Review copies that don't publish for a while, but look really fun:


Joy For Beginners 6/2011 -- I really enjoyed Erica Bauermeister's School of Essential Ingredients (linked to my review), so I am already looking forward to reading this one (It looks like the paperback of that book is being offered at a bargain price right now on amazon.

True (. . . Sort Of) 5/2011 -- My daughter loved Katherine Hannigan's Ida B., so I can't wait to read something by this author.

Paris, Baby! 5/2011 -- This is Kirsten Lobe's memoir of her life as a single American woman living in Paris when she has a baby.

Audiobooks for review:

In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving by Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy -- I've started this already too, and it's quite inspiring.

On my Kindle:

The Little Known, a YA novel by Janice Daugherty about an African American boy living in segregated Georgia in the 1960s (off the Kindle Free list!)

Those are books that I received last week.  Here are the reviews I've posted in the last week over at 5 Minutes for Books:


The Crabby Cook cookbook  -- It's a cookbook chock-full with personal anecdotes.  Perfect for bookworms like me!  We also have a giveaway, so check it out.

A Cup of Friendship is an excellent novel set in Afghanastan.

Operation Yes is a Middle Grade audiobook that Amanda (12) and I both listened to.

I invite you to subscribe to my feed, or follow me @jenndon on twitter or on Facebook.

9 comments:

Majanka Verstraete said...

Joy for beginners sounds like a relaxing read. I love the cover as well. Enjoy reading!

Take a look at what I found in my Mailbox last week.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have several delightful looking books...enjoy!

I'm wanting to read Joy for Beginners.

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

You have a very lovely mailbox this week. Enjoy!

bermudaonion said...

Joy For Beginners and Paris, Baby both catch my eye. Have a great week of reading.

Carrie said...

I'm looking forward to reading Made to Crave. (I was thinking I'd wait until after April but now I'm not so sure.)

And I don't know if I would like it or not (you tell me) but I like the TITLE "Joy for Beginners." I just like the sound of it.

Tribute Books Mama said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/mailbox-monday-imperfect-endings.html

Mary said...

Joy for Beginners is on my wish list - I really liked her first novel.

Mystica said...

Sounds a good list! enjoy.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Joy For Beginners is a book I want to read. I hope you enjoy all your new reads!