Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stories to Tell

One of the beautiful things about having a blog is to be able to give life to everyday events and extraordinary people through these little posts.  I started a blog because I wanted to hone my craft.  Writing brings out a more reflective side of me that I want to cultivate. 

In the last year or so I've blogged a lot less, and even when I have, I feel like I've just slapped something up.  I've had valid reasons for this, including reading and writing a lot more at 5 Minutes for Books, and other outside freelance writing and editing, and in the more recent months, getting ready to move a family cross-country.

But I want to be accountable to share my stories and there are so many that I've stored up in my mind or in tiny seed drafts here on the blog.  I've wanted to, but I haven't given myself the time to flesh them out.

But I will.


I'm going to commit to post at least 5 times a week.  I might do some reprints, digging into the archives of my first year or two when I feel like I was really writing, as opposed to just slapping something up. I will also be more conscious about linking over to other writing I'm doing at 5 Minutes for Mom and 5 Minutes for Books.

I am thankful to those of you who have stuck with me and encouraged me with your comments.  If you liked mediocre me, you'll love the new and improved committed me.

I invite you to subscribe to my feed, or follow me @jenndon on twitter or on Facebook.

4 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Looking forward to it, Jennifer!c

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Wow, good for you! Looking forward to all that you have to say!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Can't wait to read what you have to share.

Angie said...

I found you through Minutes for Books!!! I love it!!! I am participating in "What's on Your Nightstand?" and I just blogged about it with a link back to the site... I'm a new blogger so bear with me and have a great week!
http://angie722.blogspot.com/2011/02/just-quick-sunday-night-question.html