Monday, March 28, 2011

Mailbox Monday: March 28

I was out of town last week celebrating Spring Break with my kids at Walt Disney World, so this week's Mailbox Monday post covers two weeks. Fortunately, I didn't arrive home to stacks and stacks of books from that week (which happened last summer and stressed me out a bit!!). This is what I've received the last two weeks. See more Mailbox Monday posts at this month's host, I'm Booking It.



For review:

Unsolicited, for review:

Bring Back Beatrice! -- This looks like a great book for those considering baby names, or who are interested in name origins and popularity over the years.

A trio of baseball books from Sleeping Bear Press (that Dawn also received and is reviewing with a giveaway on 5 Minutes for Books right now)

Audiobook


  • Notes from the Midnight Driver -- I've heard such great things about Jordan Sonnenblick's YA books. When this backlist title recently was produced into audiobook form by Brilliance Audio, I was happy to be offered it to review.
  • Enclave -- This was a happy surprise from MacMillan Audio. It's a YA novel from a debut author -- post-apocoloyptic, very popular with the tweens and teens. Can't wait to check it out.

From Amazon Vine, for review:
  • Awaken -- A dystopian YA novel about a society in which everything is done on the computer, until Maddie awakens to some feelings about a better way to live (Doesn't this sound relevant and interesting?)
  • Lost and Found: Three by Shaun Tan -- I had expected a book of middle grade short stories, since it's marked 9 - 12, but it's much more visual than textual. I can't wait to look more closely at this one.

10 comments:

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

Oh some great pics, Awaken sounds really good and I could use some de-cluttering and tidying up tips any day! :)

Jules

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I sure could use the clutter book. It gets out of control here pretty easily. Enjoy all your new reads.

Aisle B said...

I may have said this before but have you read The Emerald Atlas?? If not, you have to. It is such an incredible children fantasy lit to discover, trust me ... GO NOW!

PS your Mailbox is a dream for everyone- whatever the age.

PSS Disney pics were beautiful too. Thanks for sharing :)

Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

Lots of great pictures. That must have been an amazing spring break! I can't do audiobooks, I always tune them out and then get frustrated. Enjoy!

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

OK, I'm jealous of the audiobooks! Both of them sound good. Awaken sounds interesting as well.

Enjoy your books!

(And you weren't late to getting it posted. Any time Monday works for me :-).)

Mary said...

Bring Back Beatrice looks great! Have a good week :)

Laura Fabiani said...

I love books about decluttering because I'm an organizing freak! Awaken does sound good. Enjoy all your books!

Mystica said...

Enjoy the reads.

bermudaonion said...

Is that book by Ricki Lake of talk show fame? How interesting. I hope you love your new books.

Jamie said...

Hi, Jennifer! I'm popping in from the UBP – it’s my first time joining and I’m excited about getting to know other Christian mommies in the blogging world! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog - we love books, and are planning our very first trip to DisneyWorld this summer! I’d love to have you come visit me, too, at http://creative-joy.blogspot.com/2011/03/joining-my-first-blog-party.html

Many blessings,
Jamie:)