Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Got Lemons?

I'm basically an optimist. So, when things happen to me, or I let them happen -- things like leaving my ipod touch and my planner on an airplane -- well, I usually find a way to make lemonade.

For that next week, I was lost without my Busy Body Book planner. But here's the sweetness of the lemonade -- I had been on the August - August calendar plan, because I used to have a surge of the need to be organized when school started, but I was sort of ready for the traditional January - December format. When the 2011 calendars came out, I loved the Winter design, only available in that format, but I had chosen that one, I would have been "off the grid" from August - December, so I settled for the pink one that would start in August, as I needed.

But when I replaced it in February (and believe me, I replaced it within a week), I bought the snazzy black and white one I had coveted, and now for all time, I'm corrected to the January to December planner time frame as well.

As far as I know, I didn't miss any important appointments, meetings, or posting deadlines, so all's well that ends well, right?


My ipod Touch was never returned, and that still hurts a little bit. This was a loss that would take more than $20 to restore. So although I was completely irresponsible in leaving it (and someone else was equally as dishonest for stealing it), I knew I'd replace it soon. I had come to rely on audiobooks and podcasts whenever I was doing my housekeeping chores, and I was a little lost without it. Although I loved my ipod touch, it was sometimes a bit bulky when I used it in that way. I had to be sure I had a good pocket to put it in, and the new downsized Nano with a clip was looking awfully appealing to me (even before I was without my cool ipod touch, which also doubled as a gaming device for both me and Kyle).

I didn't feel that I "deserved" another ipod Touch, so I bought the Nano. Because I had some amazon credits saved up, I didn't have to spend that much out of pocket.

I do miss the games, and the use of WIFI when I'm out and about, but honestly, I love my little Nano.

I'm thankful that I was able to replace both items I lost, and I'm glad that in spite of my carelessness and someone else's deceit, that the glass is still have full of sweet lemonade, not sour lemons.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I always say that things happen for a reason, and they always work out. And lemonade is quite yummy. :)

Has anyone ever told you you look like Molly Shannon?

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Good for you! I have to say, I would have a hard time not replacing my iPod touch. I have it with me constantly. But the nanos are very cute.