Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mailbox Monday: April 11

Marcia at A Girl and Her Books started Mailbox Monday as a way for us to share about books that we've received over the week. It's on tour, and the April host is Passages to the Past.

This was a big box at the mailbox, as far as getting new books. However, it was also a big reading week. I finished 3 or 4 books and an audiobook this week, so I don't feel too overwhelmed by all of these that came in.

Before I share about the books I received, here are some that I actually reviewed. Please check out my reviews on 5 Minutes for Books.

Reviewed this Week:

Sweet Valley Confidential audiobook
The Wilder Life -- a fun memoir about Wendy McClure's love of Little House on the Prairie with giveaway
The Raising -- a supernatural thriller

And this week we broke into a new frontier, by starting a YouTube channel and posting video reviews of The Raising and The Wilder Life.


Books for Review:

Faith: A Novel by Jennifer Haigh -- Her novel The Condition blew me away. Can't wait for this one.

Quacky Baseball a new children's book from Harper Collins that my own little baseball player has been enjoying.

Trauma Queen - a fun new book for tweens by Barbara Dee

My Hippo Has the Hiccups with CD: And Other Poems I Totally Made Up by Kenn Nesbitt (just in time for Poetry Appreciation month)

Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson, which my daughter read in one day (after returning home from school, even), and then took to her friend ("She reads fast. I promise.") before I even had a chance to look at it.

From Amazon Vine:

Spousonomics: Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes -- can't wait to crack open this one

Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading -- I've heard a lot of this book, which doesn't release until June.

From NetGalley for my Kindle:


Rules of Civility a novel set in the Fitzgerald era
that doesn't release until July

Jane Austen: A Life Revealed

Personal Purchase, On My Kindle:

Tim Challies new book The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (FREE)

Wow. It makes me happy reading these. I got some great books.  What am I doing blogging? I need to get READING!

11 comments:

Mystica said...

I will wait for your review of the Austen book.

bermudaonion said...

I got Trauma Queen too. Enjoy your new books!

Anna said...

I'm definitely interested in the Jane Austen book. Happy reading!

Mary said...

Faith was in my mailbox too!

Kaye said...

Nice variety! Have a great week and happy reading. My MM is here .

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have been curious about Faith but unsure about it. I see The Condition is available at a great price for the Nook and after reading it blew you away I may just may have to purchase it. Great mailbox for you!

Kay said...

I'm looking forward to reading FAITH. Hope you enjoy your books!

lifeinreviewblog said...

Great books! I also got Faith. Hope you enjoy all yours! Here's my mailbox: http://tinyurl.com/3s2hzgu

Tribute Books Mama said...

Enjoy your mailbox.

stop and see mine and my giveaways.

Carolyn said...

I read 13 Blue Envelopes last week and really enjoyed it!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Spousonomics? You will definitely have to share the wisdom you glean from that one. :)