Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's on My Nightstand -- April

In April, I read a lot of books. I've stopped keeping track specifically (I really should get my reading notebook going again. It's lapsed in 2011). I've also had a bit of balance, since I am almost finished with a purely personal read -- a book I've wanted to read for a long time -- The Namesake.

For May, I have quite a few books I need to get through as well.

I have a couple on my Kindle (yay!):

And then a big huge stack for review posts this month. I'm going to just show a picture, because I've been envious lately of the lovely book pictures I've seen, so I decided to make the effort this month.



I actually have two stacks. The one on the right are the books that I really need to get to (with the exception being the big chunk novel on the bottom. If I have time this month, I'll get started, and the way I've been reading, I have a feeling I will be able to start, but probably not finish, it).

The books on the left are quick reads or personal books that it would be nice to read.

If you need some suggestions of what to read, or if you want to peek at other people's nightstands, click through some of the links over at 5 Minutes for Books.

12 comments:

Monica said...

Very impressive stack! I could only dream of getting through part of those! Happy reading!

Lisa notes... said...

I don’t have a single book I’m reading on my Kindle this month, although I have tons of books on there! And tons of samples. Just not enough time to read everything I want to. Sigh.

Your stacks look good.

morninglight mama said...

Sometimes I just sit and stare at the spines of the books lined up on my "review" shelf- all in order of when they should be read- and I get excited for what the coming weeks bring. Fun stuff. :)

Nancy said...

I should do a picture too, now that I have a stack of books waiting to be read. Something to remember next time!

Kara said...

Love the stacks! I keep thinking I need to take some cool book pictures too. ;-)

Barbara H. said...

I wish I'd had that books for boys book when mine were younger.

I didn't recognize any of these titles! So many interesting books out there...

planetnomad said...

I keep meaning to do a pic of my stack too! :) This is so fun! I love being on the 5mfb team!

Susan said...

Wishes for a Mother's Heart sounds so encouraging - I may check it out; I could use it about now!

Amy said...

I like how you wrote your post this month.
Enjoy your May reading!
Missional Mama

Cassandra said...

The Namesake sounds really good. Good luck getting through your stack!

bekahcubed said...

I should find that books for boys book. I'm always being asked to give recommendations--and while I feel fairly confident about recommending books to girls or women or even men, I have the hardest time trying to come up with good books for boys.

Trish said...

The Namesake sounds fascinating - I've got that on one my list now, although I've got to get through some of my nonfiction first!

Hope the boys' reading book gives you some good ideas. I've finally found that my son will read funny books. He loves figuring out jokes and puns, although still finds social relationships too hard to want to read books with much of that, so I have to read those with him and explain everything!