People who love reading and are interested in English and Writing degrees
may be interested in graduate schools online. Many people love delving into the study of literature and being transported to different worlds within books.
- Leaving Van Gogh was a 5-Star Read for me. The setting came to life, and the author managed to unveil Vincent Van Gogh's mental illness without it being a totally depressing read.
- The American Heiress just came out, but I've been hearing buzz on it for months. It's not usually my thing (late 19th century society -- America to England), but it was a nice light listen. Yes, it's an audiobook, and there's a giveaway. I think this book would make for great summer reading or listening if you like to keep it light (but not simple-minded).
- A Pug's Tale is another one that is definitely classified as "light fiction," but I enjoyed it tremendously, mostly due to the fun, quirky characters, a likeable main character, and a little mystery.
- Girl in Translation is a novel that reads like a memoir, mostly because it's based on the author's own experience of immigrating over from Hong Kong and struggling in a sub-par apartment in Brooklyn. This book was fascinating and has a lot of heart.
- Joy for Beginners is a great book to read if you don't have a lot of time or mental energy to read, because each section looks at a different character, so you could definitely read one section and then pick the book back up in a week or so and not be lost. I don't read that way, but I know some of you do!
- True . . . Sort of took me back to my late elementary/early middle school years. It was sort of funny, sort of sad, but Amanda liked it, and she really doesn't do sad, so I feel confident that it's not too heavy for tween readers.
- I reviewed Healer a while back, but they offered up a giveaway in honor of the paperback release, and I was happy to be able to offer up this book about mothers and daughters and mid-life changes.
- I received some random preschool DVDs from HIT factory, so I put them up as a giveaway.