Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Buying Toys Online

I buy toys online.  I buy almost everything online except groceries and the like.

I've done some toy reviews for ebeanstalk.com, and now I'm going to tell you why I like the site*:

  1. It's a great way to find the best children's toys. The sidebar clearly suggests toys by age, so if you are looking for the toys for a  3 year old, you can click on the sidebar link. When I clicked on the "top sellers" link, I found several toys that I was pretty sure the 3 and 4-year-olds in my life would think were pretty awesome.

    For example, the Color and Washable Pony. At $14.99, it's priced just-right as one of the best gifts for 3 year olds.

  2. The reason I shop online is so that I can take time to read reviews. ebeanstalk offers an expert review and age guidelines (which are perfect for grandparents or aunts and uncles who might be unsure about a child's abilities or interests). The expert reviews are very clear. For example, something that caught my eye is the Marble Run set. It was listed as one of the top-selling toys for a 3 year old, but under the features tab (which is more aptly called "features and skills" when you click through), it's clearly stated how children of different ages would interact with this, namely that for a younger child the parent would have to help put it together. I was drawn to this toy for my 7-year-old, so as a parent, I appreciate that additional information. The Marble Run Vortis is in the toys for an 8 year old category, but the feature review sounds just like him:

    "Can converse (almost) at an adult level...Reading may be a major interest...Seeks to understand the reasons for things...Begins to feel competent in skills and have preferences for some activities and subjects...Begins to recognize concept of reversibility (4+2=6 and 6-2=4)"


  3. The other reason I shop online is because I can easily compare price. I have a go-to site that I assume will always be the cheapest, but honestly ebeanstalk.com is very competitive in price, but they offer something that I don't think I've EVER seen in other stores, online or in person. Keep reading.
  4. The Happy-Kid Guarantee -- On most of the toy product pages, you'll see a link to the Happy-Kid Guarantee. Check this out: "We are so confident in the toys we pick that if your toy is not age-appropriate or your child doesn't like the toy, return it to us within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund."

*Disclosure: ebeanstalk.com has asked met o review their site, giving my honest opinion. They requested that I link to certain pages with certain verbiage, but my opinions are my own. In exchange for the review, they have provided me with a $25 gift certificate to their site.

What do you look for in an online retailer? Why do you shop online?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I shop online for convenience sake (with three little kids now.) Also, because my husband really REALLY likes to compare prices. =)