Monday, August 22, 2011

New Beginnings

Well, the school year has gotten off to a good start.  As per usual, with the idea of a new start on the first day of a new school year, I've been inspired to get my act together. I woke up early today, studied my Bible (which sadly had not been a priority for much of the summer, especially this last month), fed my kids breakfast, got them both off to school without yelling, and cleaned out my freezer.

Not a bad morning's work, eh?  Unfortunately, I completely forgot to snap Amanda's picture before she left. I will be getting the first day of 8th grade picture when she gets off the bus today -- better late than never.

Edited after school to add this:



I did manage to capture Kyle's first-day smile. He's ready for a great 2nd grade year!


In addition to a new school year, Kyle symbolized his new life in Christ by getting baptized on Sunday! We were very excited for him to take this big step, and celebrated with our family on Sunday after church.


As for me, as I mentioned above, I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start too. This week I'm going to tackle papers that have piled up and some closets. I also have a couple of lunch dates this week to enjoy some kidless Mommy time!

2 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

Wow! Your daughter looks so grown up, and so pretty!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

How wonderful that Kyle got baptized! Rejoicing with all of you!

Great back-to-school pics, too. C. starts Wednesday and I'm looking forward to getting into a somewhat more productive routine, though L. will still be home with me most of the time. Fall always feels like a new start.