We drove more than 2500 miles over 10 days through New Mexico and Arizona, and I do want to share our experiences. Here are a few sneak peeks:
And so, yes, I've been also been recovering -- restocking the pantry, doing laundry, returning phone calls.
But even while I roamed the country, I've been reviewing -- publishing book reviews over at 5 Minutes for Books and writing up some reviews of books that will post in the future, specifically books that I read on vacation (for what is a vacation without reading??). Please check them out:
- A giveaway of several of Zondervan's fun new Bibles
- RL Stine's It's the First Day of School Forever (also with GIVEAWAY)
- A YA novel (audiobook version) that I enjoyed called What Comes After
- A sweet middle grade novel Nerd Girls: The Rise of the Dorkasaurus
- I have a trio of posts about the book and upcoming movie One Day:
- The review of the book
- An interview with author and screenwriter David Nicholls (with GIVEAWAY)
- An "On Reading" post inspired by the book and the interview where I ask "Do you ever read classics when mentioned in other books?"