I think that most kids have already gone back, with a few areas starting next week, and a few more after Labor Day, but even if they haven't gone back, you are likely making plans for those daytime hours that need to be filled. I know I did!
For my first week without kids,
- I have undertaken a project or two (not very effectively, but I'm hoping to finish my paperwork overhaul today)
- I've had two lunch dates (the second is today actually, which might interfere with my ability to finish my project)
- I went and saw a movie, alone (Check out my review at 5 Minutes for Books of the One Day movie).
- How do you fill those hours?
- Do you (or did you) have special projects or fun planned for the first week back to school?
- Do you see movies alone? I didn't used to, and I could have easily found someone to go to this movie with, but honestly, I've seen a couple recently, and I like it. There's a movie theater 10 minutes away, so I can easily see a matinee while the kids are gone (if they are actually showing something else other than slasher films and bad boy humor flicks -- see my rant)
Speaking of filling time and back to school, what about those of you who have kids off to college? Can you even imagine??? I just reviewed a fascinating book over at the Kirkus Reviews blog: The iConnected Parent: Staying Close to Your Kids in College (and Beyond) while Helping them Grow Up. Fascinating read! Applicable to anyone with young teens on up. Check it out.