- I have enjoyed some "free reading" time and would like to finish these three books that I've started this week: Promise the Night, Run Your Butt Off! and Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.
- As soon as Amanda finishes Crossed by Ally Condie (the sequel to Matched) I'll be reading that for a Scholastic book club review that I need to post this week.
- Hopefully One Moment, One Morning is waiting for me when I get back home so that I can do a quick read for an upcoming giveaway.
- I got a lovely note from author Katherine Applegate asking if I'd like to review her new middle grade fiction novel The One and Only Ivan. I was a bit star-struck to be honest, because Katherine Applegate is a very well-published author. This book looks quite different from her other titles like Animorphs.
- Roam: A Novel with Music by Alan Lazar
- Falling Together will be my first Marisa de los Santos novel, and a friend has said that it's good, but not her best. I still look forward to it.
- I've started Steve Jobs on audiobook, and it's very long, but quite riveting. I also hope to listen to The 10 p.m. Question.
- A friend and I are going to try to go through Tim Challies' The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion which is a sure-fire way to insure that I finish it.
- The books I'm reading aloud with the kids right now are Home for the Holidays (Mother Daughter Book Club)- Amanda, and Toys Come Home: Being the Early Experiences of an Intelligent Stingray, a Brave Buffalo, and a Brand-New Someone Called Plastic with Kyle.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
What's on my Nightstand -- December 2011
Forgive the lack of formatting or pictures or anything. I've been visting family, and have forgone computer time for real-time interactions with real-life breathing people. Crazy, right? I've also interacted with my new Kindle Fire< and some real books too. On my Nightstand this month, I have some books that will help me reach my new goal for 2012 (find out more about that in the On Reading column this Sunday at 5 Minutes for Books). I also have review titles, of course.