Tuesday, October 09, 2012

My Kids LOVE to Read (and here's what they are reading)

My daughter (14) recently read a book I got for review (for both of us). I haven't read it yet, but she said it was REALLY GOOD (that's how she said it, I promise). The book is Pure by Julianna Baggott:



I don't think she's read any more of the Mortal Instruments series that she started this summer. She's number 91 on the library waitlist for the newest one in the series, so hopefully by the time she gets #4, she'll have moved up. However, on a recent trip to Half-Price books, I bought her Clockwork Prince, which is a prequel series, so she is currently reading (and enjoying) it.

Kyle (8) is so proud of the volume of reading he's done. I think he finished 4 books last week. Three of them are George Brown, Class Clown books, shorter chapter books. He had read one last year, and he came home from his school library with one last week. When he had already finished both library books (that one and the second book George Brown, Class Clown by Lisa Yee) by Wednesday, I got him 2 more George Brown books from the public library and he finished them.



He's now almost finished with Zoobreak which is a bona-fide full-on middle grade novel. I'm so excited for him to be making this transition (but have no problem with him still reading shorter/easier early middle grade novels). I just realized that this is a sequel to Swindle, which Amanda read when she was in elementary school, so I'll have to get that one from the library, because I think he'd be ready to read it, since it will feature the same characters.

You can find out more kid approved book picks over at 5 Minutes for Books.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, the cover art on Zoobreak makes it look like it would be quite popular around these parts!

Nancy said...

I haven't heard of Swindle but it looks right up Alex's alley!