Monday, April 22, 2013

What's on My Nightstand, April

I may have become the worst blogger ever. I'm still reviewing regularly over at 5 Minutes for Books, but I guess that's all I have in me right now. Looking back at last month's Nightstand post, I read every single book except one on the list (A Teaspoon of Earth and Sea by Dina Nayeri, which I might get to this month, but might not). But in addition to what's listed, I finished two other books:
Three of my reviews from last month's post have already published on 5 Minutes for Books (As Sweet as Honey, Nowhere But Home (giveaway still open through today!), and This Journal Belongs to Ratchet). but three others are still to come. I also have a handful of children's books to write reviews for, and hopefully I'll make some time to wipe my slate clean and get all caught up. I was glad to truly think about what I needed/wanted to read last month and sort of stick to it. So what's in store for the next month?
I'm so happy to have received a copy of this! I've read about 1/3 and it's lovely!
This is for a blog tour, so I'll get to it for sure. Deadlines are working for me these days.
I took this book when a publisher pitched it to me as a YA/adult crossover. We had a nice little email back and forth about some of our recent faves, so I'm hoping I like this one. I have it scheduled for a giveaway in May.


Kyle (9) has already read the 1st one and is partway through this one. He's shared parts aloud with me. It sounds fun, and I look forward to reading it.
This is my 1st book by this author, and the intrigue has me intrigued.
I might get to The Last Camellia, which I'm looking forward to after enjoying a novel by Sarah Jio last year.

And I have to add in one last title, that I had been waiting on, but forgot about until it arrived today:

I've been waiting for this book, being a big fan of the author, Elissa Brent Weissman

 Do you like this new format? Click on the pictures for more info. And be sure to click through to the What's on Your Nightstand meme at 5 Minutes for Books to see what others are reading.

6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

"Honey, Do You Need a Ride?" sounds fun!

bekahcubed said...

Ditto Barbara. I'll be eagerly awaiting your review.

I'm liking your new format. The covers on What a Mother Knows and He's Gone are lovely...I guess I'll be watching for your reviews to see if I've judged the books correctly by their covers :-)

Lisa notes... said...

I find that I can have either a good reading month or a good writing month, but it's hard to have both, so I feel your pain.

It's nice to get caught up on reviews! I don't read many books now for review, but I don't like having them hanging over my head when I do. Enjoy your reading.

Kara said...

I feel your pain. I've had a hard time finding time to read OR write the last couple of months! I like the new format! I'm looking forward to hearing about several of these. :-)

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

A lot of beautiful covers - definitely intrigues me to find out more!

Carrie said...

Yup, "Honey, Do You Need a Ride?" sounds like a fun one!

I'm hoping to wipe the slate of books clean by the end of May (or June?!) as well. Feeling a bit bogged down and time to clear the stack a bit.