Saturday, June 07, 2014

I'm Gonna Eat Some Worms

I'm not talking the self-pity "Nobody loves me, Everybody Hates Me" kind, but the "Early-Bird Gets The..." variety.

I'm an early-bird by nature. I was not happy when my dog woke me at 6:30 yesterday on my first day of summer, especially since much of my summer will involve waking early so that I can take my daughter to her babysitting job. But if I sleep until 7:00 a.m., or gasp -- even 8:00 a.m., I am completely raring to go.

I feel especially as if I've gobbled all the worms this morning, because I woke up, cooked breakfast for Kyle (my fellow early-bird family member) and me, and went to the grocery store and put away every last can. Tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes loses steams and leaves a bag of dry goods in the floor of the pantry after a harrowing shopping trip?

All of this was accomplished by 10:00 a.m.

Now I'm sitting back on the couch doing some random internet surfing, but it's somewhat guilt-free, knowing I already have some productivity under my belt.

No comments: